Saturday, June 1, 2013

A very special Italian red

Last night my friends and I went out to enjoy a glass of wine and some good conversation.  We fancied upon a beautiful drinking wine called Antinori Chianti Superiore Santa Cristina 2010.  This wine is a Sangiovese blend and has a nose smelling of dark fruits including blackberries and plums.  The color is rich garnet and it looks opaque in the glass.  The wine is well balanced and light with a medium acidity and a long finish.  It definitely is a palate stimulant and it went beautiful with the French fries and garlic aioli I was enjoying with my friends.  The wine did not come on too strong but it was incredibly pleasant.  This wine sparked comments from both me and my friends that this wine created a somewhat special atmosphere.  I would equate this wine to a "romantic dinner" while my friend equated it to "fireworks".  Whichever way you view it the subtle magic in this wine is sure to be a crowd pleaser.  Below, the Santa Cristina wine with the two Christinas.




No comments:

Post a Comment