Saturday, June 6, 2015

Summer Riesling: 2011 Riesling Chateau Ste. Michelle (Columbia Valley)

Looking for that perfect, inexpensive Riesling for a hot summer's night? Look no further! Chateau Ste. Michelle is a great fit for any occasion.  Last weekend, I took it to a girl's wine night and it was one of the favorites.  It has a beautiful, pale honey hue in the glass, a sweet long finish, and a round full flavor. 

This wine literally "smells like summer". It smells of fresh honeysuckle, grass, and apricots.  All those smells remind me of my own childhood when I was playing in my parent's backyard.  The wine also has a very slight hint of effervescence so it tingles on the tongue in a most delightful way.

This bottle of wine usually sells for $12 but lately I have found it on sale for only $8! I definitely recommend checking out your local liquor store for this beauty.  You will not be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment